Thursday, March 8, 2007

My Pre-Trip Query

I am extremely excited to be going on the D.R. trip for my second time. At the moment, I am looking forward to warm weather and getting about from below freezing temperatures!! Besides that, I can't wait to travel with the students selected to go on the trip, they are all great and I love their excitement even more than my own.
The only thing I am nervous about is leading the group with Lindy and if anything were to go wrong, but I know this won't happen. I'm trying to spruce up my Spanish so I am comfortable speaking it when I go down there, and can be beneficial to the group.
All I can say is that I can't wait. I wanted to go on this trip again, simply to experience everything for a second time, but also to experience what other new things are in store. This trip is amazing; you learn so much about a different culture, a different country, but also yourselves. The interactions and experiences that you gain are so valuable, and it is nice to gather a new perspective outside of the bubbles we live in. I expect us all to come back much more traveled (and tan!) people. Adios!

1 comment:

Emily P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.